Monday, May 18, 2009

What an eye opener!

"You're not really loving others, you're more like admiring them or wishing you could be more like them or liked by them." This came out of my friend Kelly... The thing is I think shes right.... We have been chatting for a while online and things got deep.... With her I don't know why.. Shes more my sisters friend then mine... I do have to say though God used her tonight. I think I see why I do a lot of the things I do. I go out of my way for people to be accepted and loved. I look at people and wish I could be more like them or have the life they have... When really shouldn't I be happy with what God gave me. And me saying that I want something else would really only be putting what God did down.. RIGHT?.. I mean... Why shouldn't I see myself like God does... I'm letting fear cloud my faith. I should be who God wants me to be and not be afraid. 2 Timothy 1:7-For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. From here on out, I'm going to go to God to renew my mind of what I have believed for far to long... NO MORE NEGATIVE NANCY!! Or, at least I'm gunna try harder! I am loved, special, and unique in Christ Jesus. "I believe I am who God says I am, and with God on my side, who can be against me? Only me." Another thing Kelly said... Its SO very true. But, I'm going to give it to God and not let myself get in the way. Such an eye opener! Thanks God and thanks Kelly!!

2 comments:

Spakouskys said...

Thank you for sharing this. Very thought provoking and oh so true with many things in life. Keep on!

Pam said...

Amen to that, girl! Fun to see God at work in you:)