Monday, June 1, 2009

A blast from the past!

Saturday I had the opportunity to go with a dear friend to Willow. You may not know this, but its my home town!!! Born and raised baby!! LOL Anyways, it was a nice adventure. I showed her my families homestead that I grew up on and even the house where I lived! We went and saw the creek I lived in, I mean on!! I got to tell stories of floating down the creek, swimming in it all the time, and even my fishing experiences! It was nice to take the time and think of all the wonderful things I got to do as a child. Growing up in a small town I got to do a lot of things that most people don't get to do. I'm not going to lie though, some of it was hard. It brought up some painful memories, but I'm thankful that I had Kim with me! It was nice to not only talk about my childhood with Kim, but also showing her where it happened! We even got to take the girls to my elementary school to play in the playground! I had a lot of fun and even learned some things! I always love spending time with Kim and her family, and this just made it a little more special! The ride up there, the random places we went, lunch, and the ride back was all wonderful! Kim and I had some nice deep talks and got to know each other even more. Once we got home though we were all tired! I think we all layed down! It made for another amazing day in Christ! It was a little bit of an emotional up and down day, but I got threw it and learned some things! I love how God uses people and events to show us something about Him! I'm learning everyday who God is and wants me to be in Him. Life is a journey I am beginning to enJOY!!

0 comments: