Monday, April 20, 2009

Finding the Joy that comes from the Lord!

Is this the church God wants me at? Am I getting something out of this? Am I in fellowship with people my age that believe in the same things? Am I being used, but at the same time getting filled??
These are the questions I have been asking myself for a while now... These are the questions that made me go on a search for the church I believe God wants me at. Don't get me wrong I see nothing wrong in the church I was going to, I just felt it wasn't for me anymore... If that makes since...? I wanted fellowship with people my age... People going threw the same stage of life I am... I love the people and the church and it will always hold a special place in my heart, I'm just at a different place in life and need something more.
I can say God has done some AMAZING things this past month to make me SURE of where He wants me. My dear friend Pam invited me to her church to try it out and guess what...?!? I LOVED it! I have been praying about it for a month now and God has only made my heart and mind more and more sure He wants me at WBC. For the first time I'm not going to church because of someone else. Yes, Pam goes, but there is a morning and afternoon service and I could do either... With or without Pam and be ok! They have a young adult group that I'm loving and getting so much out of. I'm meeting new people and making new friends with people my own age! God has also put some SPECIAL people in my life that have only made me a stronger person. Cathy is around my age and we have SO much fun talking about the Lord and our relationship with Him, and yet we can do totally crazy fun things too! I had the chance to be in the Easter choir and have the time of my life! I also got to meet some pretty sweet ladies threw the choir. Kim is someone I saw God's love just shine threw and knew we would be friends! Her and I have grown close and I pray we only get closer as sisters in Christ! The Lord has been teaching me SO much about myself, my relationship with Him, and some of my other relationships. Its been an AMAZING adventure and I can't wait to see what else is going to happen! I'm ready for anything as I know I
have the Lord on my side!

*Lord you are an AMAZING God and I am ever so great full to have you as my King, Savior, Friend, and Daddy! You have put something in my that I can not explain and I'm loving it! I pray that I only keep finding the JOY that is found in you. Thank you Lord for your many blessings in my life (old, new, and still to come!)

1 comments:

Pam said...

Look for JOY, even now girl:) Neat post, neater heart!! Love you...