Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's day!

Yesterday was mother's day as we all know!! To be honest I thought that it was going to be a hard day as my mother and I don't really have a relationship, but the day ended up being AMAZING! I went to church of course and enjoyed the WONDERFUL sermon.... BUT, on my way to and from I had the opportunity to call a few special people in my life. I got to see how my dear friend (who just had her fourth baby) Pam Smith was doing, and I stopped by to see my friend Jenny. God blessed this day for me in AMAZING ways. I was able to spend the day with my Mama and her family which is always SO much fun! After the family BBQ I got to go back to Mama and Papa's house with the Davis family and play on the pond with the boys, which is always a blessing! We played games, went boating, and ate way to much, but had a blast while doing so! After the Davis' left we had some quality time to watch a family video that had Grandma in it who died almost a year ago. I will never forget this day as I had a wonderful time. I got to know Grandpa a little more (My mama's daddy) which was cool, because I didn't know him very well before he got Alzheimer's. He has become a very special person in my life and I will never forget him and his wonderful spirit. Last night was the first time since Grandma died that I had heard Grandpa say he didn't remember her, that was hard. We had to keep telling him that, that was his wife of 64 years who died a little while ago. I couldn't help but cry.... BUT, even though that is sad, I still enjoyed myself and am thankful I was able to be apart of it all. I learned a lot, ate to much, and played to hard! This is a mother's day I will never forget and will always hold close to my heart.

Thank you Lord for blessing me with wonderful people who love me. Thank you for raising me up on a day I thought I was going to fall. Thank you for loving me and giving me a heart to love others. You are an AMAZING God and I am so glad I have you in my life. Help me to just stay focused on you and help me to keep the desire of serving you in my heart. I love you with my everything.... Amen.

0 comments: