Thursday, April 24, 2008

My new path......


As many of you know I started going to Faith Bible Fellowship about 3 years ago, and there is where I met the Lord. Faith will always hold a special part in my heart, but the past couple of months I have been playing with the idea of attending what I call my "other" church. For the past couple of years I have off and on visited 1st Baptist of Willow to see friends and learn.... BUT, in September God put a desire in my heart to go more regularly, not to just see my friends, but to help out. I stated praying about it and the desire has not gone away. Since September the church has had the opportunity to hire a youth pastor. The youth pastor and his family have only been with us 3 weeks, but God is already at work. More youth are coming and people are coming to know the Lord. I have been attending more regularly the past month and totally loving it! God has put me to work with building relationships with the teens, since I grew up in Willow I can relate to them and usually know them or their families. I strongly believe God is leading me to this church to serve Him in helping them get a strong youth group going. I am one of the only teens that attend on a regular basis and I would love to just set that example and help the teens find the importance of a relationship with the Lord and their church family. I just ask that as you read this that you would pray for me and the example I set, the teens that already attend, and that God will open the hearts of the community. I strongly beleive God has a big plan for Willow and the youth group. Please also keep the new youth pastor and his family in your prayers as they are building relationships with the teens and people in the town of Willow. God is already using them and I can't wait to see what else He is going to do! I will not stop going to Faith all together, but I will not be going there like I use to. In order to set an example and help out with whatever needs to be done I believe I should be attending the church and all the activities i can get to. Thank you all for your prayers and I will keep you updated on what God does in the church!

0 comments: